Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sunday, Day 21: 187 lbs




I did it! :) 21 days!

And guess what? I am not stopping! I have lost 5 pounds. My energy has increased. I have less pain and stiffness. And my clothes are fitting better.

Tomorrow I start another 21 day program.  Same basic eating schedule. Still walking everyday and practicing Qi Gong. But I am adding pilates! Wish me luck! :)

I am so in love with water now! The secret is that I keep a gallon jug of Alkaline water in the fridge. I fill my thermos with ice and alkaline water at the beginning of each day. I am drinking about 1/2 gallon a day. Much better than before!




'
I love seeing cheekbones again! I normally wear very little makeup, but I am taking super good care of my skin.

I still have more work to do, especially on my core. Hence the Pilates.

Dear Lord, how I hate the plank!  But at my age, to see such improvements in my health and fitness demands that I make some sacrifices. No pain, no gain right?

Day 1: 192 lbs.

Day 14: 189 lbs
Day 21: 187 lbs


My daily regimen was something like this:

Monday and Wednesdays:
6:00 a.m. Rise, do Qi Gong Stretching
7:30 a.m. Breakfast with my mom.  Usually a veggie omelette, sourdough toast, applesauce and black tea
8:30 a.m. Walk Dog
9:30 a.m  Carrot and Celery Sticks with Sunbutter
12 pm Lunch:  Usually veggies, rice and meat.
2 p.m. Only water, and black tea until the next day

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
7:30 Rise, do Qi Gong Breathing and Stretching
8:00 Walk dog
8:30 Water with vitamin c powder
9:00 Fruit and kale smoothie
9:30 Carrot and Celery Sticks with Sunbutter
10:30 eggs
12:00 Lunch:  Cheeseburger, Salad, soup
2: p.m Only water and black tea until the next day

Friday:  Fish Day. Same plan as Tue, Thurs and Sat, but fish as protein

Sunday: Feast Day.  I give my permission to eat what I want. And if I am dining with friends or family, I can eat past 2 p.m.

Starting tomorrow I will add pilates. I did have some days where I snacked more than I should have on nuts, crackers, cheese, etc.  But the fasting and extra water seemed to flush that out. I think the key is to fast at least 16 hours.  I was thinking about canceling breakfast with my mom because she likes to eat so early. But, even though I am improving my health, my time with my mother is precious. So we have breakfast twice a week and I try to make healthy choices.

The most important part of my plan is at 2 p.m. I quit eating.  Something very interesting has happened in my brain.  When it is approaching 2 p.m., I find myself feeling happy and relieved. I think "Good, I don't have to bother eating now. I can focus on other things!"

This is an amazing shift of consciousness! And this is why I plan on continuing. Change is possible, even at my age!

Peace,

Zita












No comments:

Post a Comment